Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I wash myself with a rag on a stick


A British gentleman weighing in at an astounding 980 pounds needs a life saving operation from complications with an eating disorder (I know, I was shocked too). The thing that fascinated me the most about the article (besides that this gentleman hasn’t migrated to the northern seas) were the statistics involved. I came up with a few of my own so see if you can guess which they are.

The previous world's fattest man, Manuel Uribe, once weighed an unbelievable 1,230 pounds, but has lost more than 500 pounds after following a specially designed, low-carb diet (hey maybe this guy should try that)

A typical fart by this man weighs 2.4 pounds

He has spent much of the past eight years in bed at his home in Ipswich in Suffolk, England (to be fair, it’s a waterbed and it’s awesome)

His daily caloric intake is 20,000. That is 34.72 Big Macs or 54.05 Taco Bell bean burritos

His health care costs taxpayers an estimated $165,000 a year.(you could buy a lot of Big Macs or bean burritos with that type of scratch)

A ride in the 5 ton ambulance to the surgery will cost $148,000

I really hope that everything goes smoothly for this man as he begins a new and healthier life. I also hope to have a Big Mac later.

No comments: