Tuesday, April 22, 2008

I want a nickname


Lately I have been thinking about why I don’t have a nickname. Sure, Burt is a pretty sweet name in and of itself but I would really like to have a nickname. The problem is that nobody has given me one. I am a man of etiquette, and following those principals it would be rude of me to decide on a nickname for myself. It has to be chosen for me. Like my good friend Catfish Lamson. Now his name isn’t really Catfish, but that is one hell of a nickname. I want to have a nickname that jumps out at you and says “BOOYEA” or something of equal volume. I can also tell you what I don’t want. Remember that episode of Seinfeld were George is trying to persuade people to call him T-bone and he ends up with Coco for a nickname instead? I don’t want that to happen. That is why I have decided to open this up for debate. Please let me know what you think my nickname should be. Try to make it sound really macho.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What happened to Mr. Yes? Or did you start saying No again? You cheeky bastard. Ahh Burt, when we used to wash dishes at Pizza Hut, I remember the pepporoni placement coordinator called you Dishpan. You want a nick name, a nick name!!??? You have had a nickname. You forget your roots easily. Maybe I should call you Rootless D....