Thursday, December 06, 2007

I think its time for a change


A timeless classic. By now I think it is safe to say that most people have seen some variation of the above photograph. The image of a kitten barely holding on to a string or rope with the encouraging words "Hang in There!" at the bottom. I get it. It's to help those of us who have a tough day at work from time to time. Maybe you are having a down day and need to be cheered up by some small animals plight. The thing that the picture wants you to think is that this cat is gonna be fine, and so are you. All you have to do is "Hang in There!" The cat is going to be fine even if it lets go of that rope. Why you ask? Because cats have nine lives silly. But that is besides the point. What bothers me is that there isn't a poster out there that takes other people into consideration, like myself. I mean, the phrase "Hang in There!" is fine in and of itself. My problem is that the image does not accurately reflect everyones level of stress for when you really need to "Hang in There!" Have you ever been in a 48 hour game of Russian Roulette in the basement of a bar in Bangkok? So high on methanphetamines that you see in hypercolor and have lost all control of your bowels? That is a time when the phrase "Hang in There!" might be a little more appropriate. I sure could have used a more timely poster when I was hunting bigfoot in the high sierras using only a swiss army knife and my bare hands. Therefore, I have decided to make my own version of the poster. I hope that it can provide inspiration for those who have tougher moments when they need to....


Top that geniuses.

No comments: